COUNTDOWN DAY 7: Additions, Modifications, and Clarifications
The upcoming revisions to the minimum data set (MDS) scheduled for October 1st bring significant changes. These revisions encompass 29 new and modified data elements, updates to 13 care area triggers, and modifications to 17 care area assessment worksheets. Notably, this update introduces gender neutral language and fully integrates the IMPACT Act of 2014 Standardized Patient Assessment Data Elements (SPADEs).
Below are just a few of the additions, modifications, and clarifications to review:
- Medication List to Subsequent Provider/Resident (A2121-A2124) – New Data Elements
- Pain Interference with Therapy Activities (J0520) – New Data Element
- Nutritional Approaches (K0520) – Modification
- Skin Conditions (M0300A-G) – Modification
- High-Risk Drug Classes: Use and Indication (N0415) – Modification
- Special Treatments, Procedures, and Programs (O0100) – Modification
The latest clarification is in relation to quality measures. CMS has released the Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 Quality Measures (QM) User’s Manual V16.0 stating that one of the biggest changes involves the transition from Section G: Functional Status to Section GG: Functional Abilities and Goals.
These changes have broad implications for long-term care facilities. Proper training of staff is essential for a smooth implementation process. Staying updated is crucial for maintaining high-quality patient care and compliance with regulatory standards. Download the MDS 3.0 v1.18.11 RAI manual to guide successful implementation of all the new additions, modifications, and clarifications.
Be on the lookout for tomorrow’s blog: Section GG – Functional Abilities.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: