In an effort to streamline the 8 existing CMS healthcare compare tools, CMS has combined them all into one streamlined tool, Care Compare. Beginning withthe October 2020 refresh, CMS will publicly display six new measures on the Care Compare website:
- Changes in Skin Integrity Post-Acute Care: Pressure Ulcer/Injury
- Drug Regimen Review Conducted with Follow-Up for Identified Issues
- Application of IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Change in Self-Care
- Application of IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Change in Mobility
- Application of IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Discharge Self-Care Score
- Application of IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Discharge Mobility Score
Additionally, CMS announced the SNF Healthcare-Associated Infection measure will be a part of the Measures Under Consideration list later this year. CMS has posted Draft Measure Specifications: SNF Healthcare-Associated Infections Requiring Hospitalizations for the SNF QRP (SNF HAI measure) and is seeking input from the public.
Comments can be emailed HERE. (add email address QM-Public-Comment@acumenllc.com)
CLICK HERE to review the full Draft Measure Specification documents.
CLICK HERE to view the Care Compare website.