Annual regulatory updates from CMS come as no surprise; however, when coupled with significant updates from the CDC we may feel overwhelmed.
Successful implementation of regulatory, survey, federal, and state updates is possible when we implement the following strategies.
- BREATHE! – You’re not alone, and change does not have to be a bad thing. As a matter of fact, the new CDC and CMS guidance is leading us into a highly anticipated phase of the pandemic… a new beginning for our patients, visitors, and employees.
- Subscribe to CMS and CDC websites to receive fact sheets, FAQs, invites to webinars, and the latest updates.
- Know your company structure and departments of expertise. Watch for their guidance and recommendations.
- Review policies and procedures to ensure they are compliant with the new guidance.
- Consider any information that may need to be communicated to residents, families, and visitors (e.g., updated visitation guidance) and the best method to deliver this information (e.g., posting signage).
- Communicate with staff; consider various methods of delivery (email, webinars, in-person meetings).
- Assess the effectiveness of your facility’s implementation of new guidance and regulations. For areas needing improvement, make a plan to ensure preparedness.
- Connect with Reliant to receive Real Time Memos and the monthly Reliant Reveal newsletter.
In case you missed these recent publications from Reliant, click the links below to review our summaries of recently updated and upcoming regulatory guidance: