AHCA Reflects on 2014 Achievements
2014 was a year with many challenges and hot buttons for LTC. AHCA took some time to reflect on those and how AHCA and its members hit them head on.
Recognizing Excellence: 7,436 member centers were honored for their achievements under AHCAs Quality Initiative Programs, while an additional 298 members communities were honored.
Long Term Care Trend Tracker: Re-launched to include discharge to community measure and risk adjusted hospitalization metric to benchmark against peers.
Launched media campaign, We Are Solution, that reflected Skilled nursing centers
- provided quality care to 3.9 million Americans in 2013
- In 2013, 63% of patients admitted to the hospital were successfully sent home to their families
- Since 2012, hospital readmissions have decreased by 14.2% nationwide
- Our centers safely reduced the off-label use of antipsychotics by 22% since 2012
2014 marked the first full year of dedicated therapy advocacy staffing and member advisory group initiatives. Our therapy advocacy successes in 2014 included:
- Extension of the therapy caps exceptions process
- Therapy manual medical review relief
- Improvements to the SNF PPS assessment process
- Medicare Part A and Part B research projects
- Rehabilitation Symposium and member meeting presentations
- Advancing visibility of the value of therapy services